Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Term 1 Reflection

This term I felt went pretty well.  I was able to complete almost on of my project on time.  I really enjoyed this class especially because before this I have never really been in an art class.  I feel like I have been able to learn and progress from the things we've done within the term.

My strength in art is my drawing but sometimes I feel it is also my weakness.  I spend about 1-3 hours on a drawing in my sketchbook which I should probably be using to study for a test or something else.  I need to be more open to what goes on within my sketchbook.  For example when the ink poured all over it.  That made me realize how attracted I was.  Now I am not as upset with what happened but I still wish it didn't....

Besides my sketchbook I fell that my projects that I handed in were decent.  The amount to effort put into my project are most of the time higher then others.

The found objects sculpture was an interesting way for me to try and think outside that box and turn something that may be seen as ugly and put it with something else to make it look like art.  The found image collage was also an interesting project. I was surprised that it only took me two classes to finish because I usually spend a lot of time on something.

I enjoy when we draw on tuesdays I fell like its a good balance between the projects and the drawings.  Also I like to be challenged to draw something detailed or shaded.  Although sometimes it takes me longer then others but I feel if I had more time I could finish.

I look forward to what term 2 will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment