Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Symbolic Portrait

For my portrait I have decided to use my aunt as the subject of my work.  I decided on her because throughout her life she his struggled with physical disabilities such as back surgery and MS. At a young age when she told me about her MS I remember crying when she told me about it.  She told me that her hair that I had identified her with wasn't really hers, it was a wig.  She taught me to be strong and never stop believing in yourself no matter if someone tells you that its impossible.

In my portrait to tie all of my symbols together I will make her profile in the corner with her real hair.  There are many childhood stories that she and my mom have told me about her struggle such as stories in the hospital, thing that the doctor's told her, what it was like to be told such horrible things about her physical condition etc.  I wold like to try and make it so that it goes from her past to the present.  Most importantly I would like to try and include many memories I have had with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment